Maple Shade Youth & Family Services, Inc. is a private non-profit agency, serving children and families in our community. Our purpose is to help special needs children grow in a positive manner. Through support, structure, and guidance,
The agency has provided progressive, professional services to children, adolescents and their families on the
since 1970. The agency's philosophy of expanding services to meet unfilled needs of the community has resulted in tremendous growth since its inception.
Licensing Agencies include:
· Department of Human Resources
· Department of Juvenile Justice
· Maryland State Department of Education
· MSDE - Division of Rehabilitative Services
· Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
· Maple Shade Mental Health Clinic was established in 1997 and licensed by the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, the clinic provides outpatient services under the medical supervision of Mrs. Sushma Jani, M.D., a child and adolescent psychiatrist. Individual, family, and group counseling; psychiatric and medication evaluation; and medication management are provided utilizing a multi-disciplinary team approach. The clinic is located on the Mardela Springs Campus and serves all ages. On-site as well as off- site services are offered to serve the mental health needs of the communities of the Lower Eastern Shore. Offices are also maintained in Princess Anne and Crisfield.
· Psychiatric Rehabilitation Program was established in 1999 and licensed by the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, psychiatric rehabilitation services are an adjunct to therapy services. This program offers therapeutic services (ie: therapeutic skills development, assistance with entitlements, parenting assistance) utilizing the "wraparound" model of providing services where the services are needed - the home and community. Our PRP senior caseworkers and therapeutic behavioral aides are highly trained to implement these unique services. The beauty of these services is that they are provided to the child and family at the place and time of need whether it be at or home or in the community during the day or evening hours. The ultimate goal of this "wraparound" service is to help the child and family bridge the gap from learning techniques in therapy to implementation of skills in real life.
· Maple Shade Respite Program is an out of home respite licensed by the Mental Hygiene Administration for children and adolescents with mental health diagnoses. Services are provided in appropriately licensed treatment foster care homes and group homes. This service provides a necessary planned break for caregivers of emotionally disturbed children and adolescents.
- To contact Joint Commission to report or place a complaint, call 1-800-944-6610